A Special Post - Buca Di Beppo, Newcastle

 I've referred to the fact that I'm living down in Newcastle for the moment.  When I'm not out eating in the city centre, I've been eating at the hotel which I'm currently living in.  As a bit of a secret, I've been taking pictures of all the meals I've eaten from their menu, including the specials, to do this special blog post about the variety of delicious foods that have been available to me for the past 6 weeks.

Usually I have some anecdotes and stories to weave into the dining experience, however being a busy bee I've had the pleasure of ordering room service to save me time, and continue working (or napping... usually the latter).

The restaurant Buca Di Beppo is based within the Village Hotel, a lively 4-star establishment with all the amenities and add-ons you could possibly need: swimming pool, gym, spa, sauna, bar, restaurant, Starbucks and amazing Upper Deck rooms which I have the pleasure of living in!

Without further ado, ladies and gents, and all in between, please cast your eyes on the amazing meals I've had over the past 6 weeks (and try to remain calm...)




Grilled salmon fillet served with tomato, anchovy, capers and olives;  side portion of chunky chips.


Seabass fillet on a smoked salmon and chorizo risotto, dressed with rocket and vinaigrette 



Bucatini con Polpette: Tubular pasta tossed in an arrabiata sauce with homemade meatballs and baked with cheese




Smoked salmon and tomato linguine with a parmesan sauce



Penne bolognese bake topped with ricotta cheese




Lasagne al Forno with a side of mozzarella topped garlic bread



Spinach & Ricotta Tortellini in a Parmesan and pine nut sauce (with a cheeky cider!)




Spinach & Meatball Calzone



Burger Della Casa: Smoked mozzarella on a beef burger patty, balsamic onions and prosciutto.  Side of Parmesan fries too! 




Gnocchi stuffed with cheese and tomato, served in a tomato and mozzarella sauce.  Ordered with a tomato and basil salad (and a peach Bellini).



And breathe.  This is only a small selection of the wonderful meals I've had; some were too good and therefore had to be devoured immediately, and others, the pictures wouldn't do them justice.

If you're interested in visiting Newcastle, I would recommend staying at the Village hotel.  You can see they offer amazing food (even more available at the Victory Bar) and beautiful, comfortable rooms that are just a stones throw from the city centre.

A bit of a different post from me, but it's been a strange week so why not keep that theme going?



Contact Details:

Buca Di Beppo
Village Hotel
Cobalt Business Park
West Allotment
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE27 0BY

Tel: 0844 980 8030


Wheelchair access: Yes